With February bringing the biggest month-to-month rise in existing-home sales since 2015, the personal-finance website WalletHub released its report on 2019’s Best Places to Be a Real Estate Agent should you be thinking of starting or continuing your career in the industry.
To determine the best markets for real-estate agents, WalletHub compared more than 170 U.S. cities across 19 key indicators of a healthy housing market, ranging from sales per agent to annual median wage for real-estate agents to housing-market health index, it said in a release.
If you are unhappy and/or want to serve as a real estate agent in a different location than you are presently working, you should consider reading the chart below. You might surprised to learn what cities and states are the best places to serve as a real estate agent.
Ask yourself if you want to head to a more populous state, a bigger city, move West or East? Do you have a family to consider? Are you simply ready to pick up and move, and want to try your expertise in another city where you might earn a better living?
Of course before you do make a move you will want to consider your family, children and husband if you are married or in a relationship. If you are single, it may not be as difficult to pick up and leave and set down roots in other state/city.
Here is the list of Best Places to Be a Real Estate Agent:
|Best Places to Be a Real-Estate Agent|
|1||Seattle, WA||11||Santa Rosa, CA|
|2||Salem, OR||12||Vancouver, WA|
|3||San Francisco, CA||13||Fargo, ND|
|4||Oakland, CA||14||Sioux Falls, SD|
|5||San Jose, CA||15||Tempe, AZ|
|6||Denver, CO||16||Gilbert, AZ|
|7||Fremont, CA||17||Portland, OR|
|8||Boston, MA||18||Irvine, CA|
|9||Washington, DC||19||Tacoma, WA|
|10||Phoenix, AZ||20||Mesa, AZ|
Key findings in the report and according to the WalletHub release are as follows:
Best vs. Worst
- Modesto, California, has the most homes sold in the past year per real-estate agent, 106.48, which is 14.7 times more than in Houston, the city with the fewest at 7.25.
- San Francisco has the highest median house price, $927,400, which is 21.7 times higher than in Detroit, the city with the lowest at $42,800.
- New York has the highest annual median wage for real-estate agents, $79,810, which is 2.8 times higher than in Fort Smith, Arkansas, the city with the lowest at $28,130.
- Oakland, California, listings have the fewest days on the market, 41, which is 3.9 times fewer than listings in New York, the city with the most at 160.
- Memphis, Tennessee, has the highest share of home flips, 12.76 percent, which is 9.5 times higher than in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the city with the lowest at 1.35 percent.
To view the full report and your city’s rank, please click here