In the age of COVID-19 taking sanitary precautions are on the minds of everyone including travelers.
Recently, Vioguard, Inc. released a consumer survey report that indeed shows that the importance of increased sanitary protocols really matters to travelers during the 2020 holiday season.
The UV-C technology company conducted a survey with more than 1,000 respondents to better understand the importance of heightened sanitary protocols and implementation of sanitation technology to travelers during the pandemic, it said in a news release.
Key findings from the survey:
- A strong majority (more than 79 percent) of travelers believe it is very important to understand a travel company’s sanitation protocols before a purchasing decision is made.
- Three out of every four consumers (74 percent) state that it is important for a travel company to state their safety and sanitation protocols on their website.
- Forty-seven percent of respondents would feel more comfortable traveling with a company that utilizes UV-C as part of their sanitary measures as opposed to traditional cleaning methods.
- More than half of consumers (55 percent) stated that a travel company’s use of UV-C products for sanitization would influence their decision to travel with them.
- More than 40 percent of consumers would be willing to pay a higher price for travel fees if it included heightened sanitary protocols.
Sanitation is definitely key to a lot of people out there during these uncertain times, according to the survey.
“We can deduct from this survey that sanitation processes are of the utmost importance for travelers, and the use of UV-C light in a company’s protocols could be a deciding factor under today’s circumstances,” said Mark Beeston, vice president of Sales at Vioguard. “It is our hope that travel and hospitality companies across the nation can use this information to better accommodate the needs of their customers and guests during this unprecedented experience.”
Dates of Survey
Between Nov. 17 and Nov. 18, 2020, Vioguard surveyed consumers in the United States with the purpose to understand the importance of sanitation protocols for travelers ahead of the holiday season. All results are from the perspective of the consumer. The survey represents consumers of various ages, genders, incomes, and U.S. regions.
regardless of where or if you travel over the holiday season this year it’s important to make sure you are protected. Where a mask, wash your hands often and keep social distance in airports, stories, bus stations, other people’s homes, while shopping and everyplace in between.